Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Tomorrow is the First Day

Tomorrow is Dingo Day.

I've hired a dingo so I can make the area more level, then I can finally start putting plants in the ground, think about doing the path myself and putting in some retic. I'm rather excited.

Moved the fish bone ferns today. Put them over behind the monsteras. I don't see any point putting camelias back there cos no one will ever see them, so I filled it up with the displaced fish bone ferns instead.

Where they were (they'd grown pretty well):


Where they were moved to:


Half way point:


Ferns all gone (to make way for shady seat area):


And finally - in their new home:



Having put the lawn clippings on/in the ground where the ferns were initially planted actually seems to have improved the soil .. this is one year later though!

Have an adult coming tomorrow to supervise, just in case there is a nasty accident with the Dingo, since I've never used one before.

Hope to also level the area where the pond/planter will go, and if I have time (it's booked for 4 hours) I'll also use it to dig the front porch garden bed, which I can't dig in thanks to too many tree roots.

A week ago Thunderbolt and I did the cementing around the paving - cos the paving guy never came back to do it. Considering neither of us had worked with cement/concrete before I think we did fairly well:



No comments: