Friday, January 21, 2005

Plants Settling In

The plants haven't done too badly. We had a 40 degree day on Monday.

The gardenias have all dropped leaves, which I expected as I hadn't been looking after them particularly well since the dingo day.

The azaleas seem quite happy.

Oh, I forgot something else I planted on Sunday - put in my clivia, one between the gardenias and the camelia, and the baby it had made near the tree trunk.

The dietes, phormiums and cordylines are doing well, haven't looked back. The camelia, clivias and hydrangeas also seem pretty happy where they are.

The ferns I transplanted to behind the tree haven't looked back either, not even one dead frond!

Have been very tempted to buy an el-cheapo bench seat from WA Salvage (think I saw them there for $50.00), but I really can't go spending money I don't have at the moment, so have been very strong and resisted the urge.

Other thing that stops me from buying an el cheapo bench is that it will continually get wet (from the sprinkler at the moment) and I'm sure it will disintegrate very quickly in those conditions. So it will look tatty and yuk in no time, so I'd rather not waste the money.

Maybe one day I'll be able to afford a nice teak one that can take the conditions.

No comments: