Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Entertaining Area Progress Report

Dingo day has been and gone and proclaimed a sucess.

DingoNJD2
DingoNJD

The area is a lot flatter, including where the path and bench seat are to go. They are next on the hit list as I figure it is best to do hard structures first.

Today I layed out the hose in the approximation of what I want:








Purchased half a trailer load of quartz stone (white-ish colour), half a trailer load of cheap mulch. Unloading by myself was hard work. Was mamazed how well I backed the trailer up the drive. Also bought garden edging (for around the edge of the path)

Have decided to use the jarrah 'rounds' up under the clothesline as stepping 'stones' for the path.

Enquired about a hand compactor but they don't have them and the motorised ones are too big for what I need. The Hire guy suggested tying two bricks to a pole and using that. I have two pavers so I think I'll use them. Good Friend suggested water for compaction also.

Took some 'before' photos. After shovelling the quartz off the trailer today, and having done arm exercises with weights the night before I'm wondering whether I'll have sufficient energy to actually do anything tomorrow.

But I need to get this done, this is the last week of my leave and I would really like to get those plants int he ground before I go back to work.

Oh sugar, need to buy another small length of PVC pipe to lay under the path for the later-to-be-installed retic. Bugga. Hmm maybe since I'm not doing the road-base thing anymore I wont need to.

No comments: