Saturday, January 15, 2005

Progress - Plants!

I bit the bullet after being so disheartened yesterday and decided to go ahead and put some plants in.

Partly because I will be back at work as of Monday, and the plants (in pots) aren't doing well where they are at the moment. I forget to water them every now and then, and that will only increase once I return to work.

Also because I didn't want the holidays to be gone and not much having happened over there.

I ripped out the edging I'd put in, and decided I'd leave that decision and what to do with the seat area later.



Then I raised the jarrah 'rounds' as I realised having them level with the ground is not a good idea no matter what the path is made of (mulch, stones whatever).


I planted:
  • Camelia - in the back corner
  • Azaleas - along from the camelia
  • Gardenias - along the fence
  • Azaleas - in front of the gardenias
  • Dietes - in front of the azaleas
  • Fish bone ferns - little baby ones, next to the tree trunk
  • Hydrangeas - same section as the fish bone ferns, near the tree trunk
Also decided that the reticulation can just go over the top of the ground. I can always submerse it later if I really need to. That meant I could also lay mulch where I'd put plants - which I did.









Am feeling very content with what I've done. I've feel I have had some productive time in the holidays (as well as enjoyed some very slothful time - see main blog).

It looked a whole lot better than it had done at the beginning of the day.

No comments: