Sunday, January 16, 2005

Phew! More Plants, Retic and the Seating Area

On Friday night the kids and Pas came over and thought I'd done well. Pas and I discussed the seating area a bit.

I decided to put the stones down anyway. It looks great! Put them around the jarrah rounds and up at the sitting area, and a little way into where I had moved the ferns to (behind the tree).

It looks so good, I'm glad I bit the bullet and did it. Didn't compact the ground at all - just layed the stones (about 3") over the top.

Then decided I really needed to get other plants still in pots into the ground so I planted:

  • More gardenias (between the bore pump and the driveway)

  • Fish bone ferns behind them - under the leaves of the monsteras)

  • More dietes in front of the gardenias


  • Phormiums (phormia?) and cordylines along the fence (towards the tap from the gardenias planted the other day)
  • Dietes in front of the phormiums and cordylines




I also put in some retic, as the sprinkler wont reach all the extra plants I put in.

Also mulched the newly planted areas.

Wow! This has made a big difference. It looks pretty good.

Haven't planted or mulched right to the edge of the paving for two reasons:

  • I don't have the plants yet (liriope muscari)
  • Think I need to redo the concrete at the edge of the paving as the dingo made it break and some pavers have moved.


I can now happily return to work tomorrow feeling that progress has been made. It's been over a year since the paving was done, and I was getting tired of looking at that dirty old Perth grey sand from the kitchen.

It looks *much* better now, even though still incomplete:










No comments: