Sunday, January 29, 2006

Current To Do List

Cut out the top of the avocado tree
I am waiting until Thunderbolt is here to do thisas I don't like using the chainsaw when I'm alone. This is something I do about every two years, to stop the tree from getting too tall and out of control.
Sadly there are fruit on the branches I'll be cutting out, but there's quite a lot of fruit on the lower branches too. I know it means less fruit at the next flowering but it has been producing more fruit than I can eat, so that's ok (the friends and family might be a bit miffed at not getting freebies though!)

Mow Lawn
Again and again and again - it's like housework this one, always needs re-doing.

Work Out
What to do with the 'nothing' part of the entertaining area. Having the funds to build the pond is a long way off. I keep thinking that I could plant things there in the interim. Have to be careful about this with plant choice and where the retic goes in case the pond actually does ever eventuate.

Rear Garden Replanting
Still have one section of this that could be done. Likely to be lots of tree roots (the tallow), but the bed is only small and already has day lillies in it, so it should be do-able.

Vege Patch
The good bit - keep picking produce!
Probably should fertilise it again, and re-stake the tomatoes.

No comments: