Thursday, January 06, 2011

Gatherer

Collected Kangaroo Paw seeds from my garden this afternoon - both Anigozanthos Manglesii (red and green kangaroo paw) and Anigozanthos Veridis (a smaller all green kangaroo paw).

Both had flowered particularly well so I was really pleased to be able to gather some seed for future propagation and use in my used-to-be-front-lawn area.

I was very fortunate to adopt a xanthorrhoea (grass tree) for free (from freecycle.org) however I feel it was already too far gone when I adopted it. There has been no signs of new leaves at all and the leaves in the middle of the crown are dead (were like that when I adopted it). I will continue to pamper it with more water than any any other plant receives and 4 - 6 weekly doses of seaweed solution and see what happens.

Go get some dirt under ya' nails!

No comments: